Facebook

12 April 2017

Wordless Wednesday | St Lucie Lock & Dam



Wordless Wednesday is supposed to be about posting a photo(s) without any words. But, I'm a rule breaker, so here are a few words:

1 - You have to go through the St Lucie Lock if you want to make your way eastwards from Indiantown Marina.

2 - The water drops around 14.5' as you leave the St Lucie Canal.

3 - 10,000 vessels go through a year, of which about 91% are recreational (like us).

4 - I was clueless the first time we went through the lock. I'm still clueless, but I hide it better.

   
What words does this picture(s) bring to your mind when you look at it?

For more Wordless Wednesday fun, click here

Thanks for stopping by our blog - we love it when people come visit! We're also on Facebook - pop by and say hi!

18 comments:

  1. They have a lot of those in England and Scotland. We saw one that was over a dozen locks (lochs?) long. It would be a weird feeling, like going through a series of trap doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's strange to watch your boat slowly drop down the big lock wall.

      Delete
  3. I've not gone though a lock either, but I would love to. How fun. I'm clueless too.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time thru wasn't fun as I was trying to figure out what to do, but the times after that have been.

      Delete
  4. When we were in England, I got to open and close a few locks (which was fun) but have never been through one myself. I'm hoping that's going to change in the near future.

    Stephanie @ SV CAMBRIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to become the Queen of the Locks :-)

      Delete
  5. I'm clueless, and I don't know how to hide it.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Lucie Lock would make for the name of a fabulous character in a children's book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fun. I don't know if that's just because of the name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much smaller than the Panama Canal locks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even begin to imagine going through those.

      Delete

We'd LOVE to hear from you! If we're out on the water cruising, our internet access will be limited and it may take a while before we're able to respond to your comments and pay a return visit to your blog, but please know that we will once we can get connected.